Wow…did a whole month just actually happen? I swear I’ve been so busy with stuff lately that I didn’t even realize it and take the time to write everything down! Luckily there is a mix of really important things that I shall elaborate on, and some not so important things that were simply worth mentioning.
To start…the BIG news is the offer was accepted on my house! Started the loan process which by now is in final underwriting, and its just a matter of waiting for everything to clear. I sign the novel of documents on November 28th, and officially close on November 30th. Aside from work, a large chunk of time this last month has been dedicated to getting in all of my statements and financial documents and explaining everything to the lady I’ve been sending them to to get everything just right. Totally worth all the stress it causes because there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel to getthing the house
Thanksgiving is set to be a really big weekend, a bunch of family is coming in and it’ll be good to see people. Unfortunately I am moving after the holiday weekend so my awesome plan of making everyone help me move so it can get done in like a half hour has been foiled. Oh well still really excited!
Late in October, I did something I have not done in literally YEARS. I took a week off from work and went on vacation! O.M.G.! Katie and I have been seeing each other for awhile now and we hit up San Diego for some quality beach time…you can’t beat sitting on the beach just hanging out and watching the ocean. Other than the beach we toured the Midway aircraft carrier and hit up the Birch aquarium in La Jolla. For breakfast one morning we went to my most absolute favorite place Beach Break Cafe, its a bit of a drive to get there in Oceanside but the scrambalada they make is just so divine. I think I even wrote a whole post on it back when I started blogging back in 2009…that was on a way old version of the website so I doubt I have the post still but if I do I’ll repost it here to read all the mouth watering details. There was also a night that we did chinese food at night at the beach and just watched the water. Had to hit up Karl Strauss as well, we went to the one in Sorrento Valley. Normally the brewery restaurants are like any other place, but this one was like an indoor/outdoor hybrid in a custom made garden on the middle of a pond. The atmosphere was fantastic and made for an extremely nice date night . Every night we ended with a movie and the hotel was really nice too. I can’t wait to do it again, forgot how nice it is to take a week off. I gotta say also I’m really happy with her and she is just awesome. She got a call for her first interview while we were there at a law office and I’m just really proud of her. Its really nice that we click and have a lot of the same interests…it just works. She really is a great girlfriend and it was amazing going on vacation with her!
Sooo those were my really big things that happened, now to touch on the other smaller things that are worth mentioning:
- Got my iPhone 4s. Upgraded to iOS 5 on all my stuff. Took full advantage of iCloud. Was using Dropbox with the free 2 gigs but got a better deal with box.net which gave me 50 gigs plus sharing links. This REALLY came in handy getting all of my statements and signed docs to my loan officer, could just email him a download link and he was able to get all my files at once securely. Definitely recommend everyone moving to the cloud for productivity sake.
- Netflix is beginning to annoy me. I finished watching all the episodes of Scrubs, and now I can’t find anything else good to watch there. I’ve been going to Hulu more for better show content, even though its a bit limited for the iPad. Plus I’ve been using Redbox more as well, theres a more interesting selection of titles and for the price its just more worth it to get the one night DVD. Unless something drastically changes my mind or they get a good selection before the end of the year, I think my Netflix account will be no more.
- Today is November 12th. And there is Christmas crap all over stores and malls and parking lots. I even saw Santa at the mall. WTF. It isn’t even Thanksgiving yet, shopping does not take that long, and no matter how long you stretch the holiday season there will still be procrastinators waiting until the last minute to get stuff and will bitch when stores are out of what they want. Quit ruining the fun holiday season world!!! Go back to starting holiday stuff AFTER Thanksgiving!!! OK done with that rant…
- Holiday party is coming up and I need a new suit. Suit shopping is not so much fun but something that needs to be done. Got a hotel again, and really looking forward to an amazing night this year. I’ve got a great date and know a heck of a lot more people going this year for it to be a good time!
- Katie made me delicious oatmeal rasin cookies with chocolate chips. For those who got a bite of them at work they say she is a keeper just based on the cookies. SHE MAKES COOKIES !!!
- I’m making a needs and wants list for my house. Hot tub is definitely on this list. And is definitely affordable after I ran my numbers. SO EXCITED TO GET MY HOUSE!!!! Fridge and some other things still need to come first. But a hot tub is definitely a priority. Why? Because even in Arizona it still feels good to soak in hot water. Its about 50 degrees out right now and nothing sounds better (aside from watching the ASU game) than sitting in a hot tub. Actually if I could watch the game from IN the hot tub…well that would just be perfect. …and have a margarita. They are kinda losing at the moment haha.
Ok I think that is it. Have a few new songs added to the winter playlist which I will add to the site over the next few weeks. Rediscovered Plex since I finally got most of my DVDs onto my computer. OH got my recliner back now too, of course that is where I wrote this from. Really stoked to put it in my house. I think to make life easier my next post will be the needs/wants list so I can access it from anywhere and get 3rd party input on it. Looking forward over the next couple weeks, family coming in and the house finalization stuff so expect lots of pics and drunken stories.