So for the whole month of January formthe most part I get to work the night shift over the weekend. This is something I have never done before and it has been quite interesting. What is more interesting is the way I have ended up spending my nights off. In short, Friday and Saturday nights are 12 hour shifts from 9 PM to 9:30 AM, Sunday and Monday nights are 9 PM to 5:30 AM. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights are my “days off.”.
The sleep schedule has got to be the hardest part about is, mainly because it is only temporary and also because it affecects my whole lifestyle. Aside from it being slow in the office through the night, the nights off seem harder because nothing is open and the rest of the world is asleep. I think the only physical setbacks I’ve had are the reoccurring headaches and an understandably frustrated gf that I can only see her for a few hours a couple days of the week. Even harder when she stays here I am up all night while she sleeps away :-/. Luckily only one more weekend to go and back to normalcy. Well, I have never really been normal per se, so back to the usual I guess haha. So what all have I accomplished this last month? Some of it has been quite entertaining:
- Read the Steve Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson. A truly intense novel that I found a difficult read starting off, but as I got further into the more recent things I knew of my lifetime it became very enjoyable. It gave me a new perspective on doing your absolute best, to push yourself to go further, and have passion for what I do. Very sad knowing how the book ends though, def one I’d reccomend to others.
- Did my 2011 taxes…quite happy with the refund I am getting back. Will put towards a much needed update to my wardrobe, Katie’s birthday, house upgrades, maybe even a vacation in a few months.
- Actually looked for ideas of new clothes online haha
- I vacuumed at 4 o’clock in the morning.
- I watched The Bourne Trilogy all in one night
- Attempted to clean walls. Mixed cleaning materials and took paint off the walls instead. Still heart magic erasers.
- Took pics of my house by day, uploaded and updated my website (finally) by night
- Killed lots of zombies
- Got my wine rack delivered. Bought a stud finder and started to mount it in the eating nook. The broken clock too, til I learned it was broken…
- Bought said wine rack online at about 3 AM the week before…
- LOTS AND LOTS OF COFFEE
- Hashtagged my antics via Twitter #nightshiftnightsoff
- Ran around in circles to move and attempt to stay awake
- Kicked people’s ass in words with friends. Got my own ass handed to me a few times as well
- Looked at potential Apple upgrades and whatnot
- Started reading Ghosts In The Wires. Fun story why, ask me sometime about my experience. Was quite awesome. Restating having passion for what I do…
So that has been my nights off in a nutshell. Sleeping during the day has been weird, excited to be awake again during daylight SOON! Until the next boring event of my night and I choose to blog in that time, PEACE!